- Message from the Director
- Food Safety Training
- Renter's Registration and Inspection Program
- Animal Control
Code & Environmental Enforcement
- Illegal Dumping Violations
- High Weeds and Grass
- Property Maintenance Violations
- Parking / Junk Vehicle
- Unmaintained or Dilapidated Fence
- No Visible Street Address
- Stagnant or Standing Water
- Unenclosed Pool or Spa
- Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- Smoking in Public Places
- Property Maintenance FAQs
- Food Inspections
- Mosquito Control
- Public Health
- Food Myths and Misunderstandings
Communicable Diseases Program
The City of Ennis Department of Health Services through the employment of a Local Health Authority (A Licensed Physician) monitors trends and provides data to the Department on Influenza, Tuberculosis and other reportable disease diseases of public concern occurring within our community. Once abnormal data or trends are reported to the Department is tasked with:
- identifing contacts within our community who may be infected or other individuals at risk for infection,
- determining the incidence and prevalence of disease in specific areas of our community,
- assisting physicians, clinics and the hospitals in evaluating illnesses progression in their patients and within our community,
- assist the public in making decisions regarding their health and lifestyle
- enforcing laws and regulations that protect public health and ensure safety and
- informing and educated our community regarding prevention, protection and the spread of the potential disease threat.
Information regarding Specific Reportable
|Chickenpox / Shingles||Measles|
|Hepatitis C||Meningococcal Infections|
|HIV / AIDS||Tick-Borne Diseases|
|Pink Eye||West Nile Virus|
The City of Ennis Department of Health Services only offers environmental health-related services. For medical and immunization services, contact your family physician or the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Region 3 Clinics and Field Offices listed below.
DSHS Health Service Region 3 Clinics and Field Offices
Corsicana Navarro County Health Department
618 N. Main Street
Corsicana, TX 75110
Serves Kaufman, Rockwall Counties and *I-45 corridor of Ellis County
3001 S. Washington
Kaufman, TX 75142
Serves Ellis and Johnson Counties
108 E. Kilpatrick
Cleburne, TX 76031
Phone: 817-517-2306 or 817-517-2307
The Department provides/responds to:
- Public Health emergencies.
- Locally occurring public health conditions, crisis situations and disease outbreaks.
- Enforcement of control measures regarding communicable or infectious diseases.
- The reporting of the presence of contagious, infectious, and dangerous epidemic diseases to the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Provided environmental health services, support the responsibilities of the Texas Department of State Health Services Regional Office in enforcing state and local public health laws, rules, requirements, and ordinances regarding sanitation and control measures.
- Investigates reports communicable disease, and provide information to residents regarding disease transmission.
During the 2011 - 2012 Ennis High School Tuberculosis Outbreak the Department provided assistance to the many Texas Department of State Health Services Public Health Epidemiologist, Local Physicians, Nurses and Examiners at Ennis High School along with providing important community updates to the concerned public regarding the outbreak. The Ennis Outbreak
Most recently during the 2014 Ebola Outbreak that occurred in the City of Dallas; staff from the City of Ennis Department of Health Services along with other City Department first responders participated in a mock Ebola patient isolation exercise in conjunction with staff from the Ennis Regional Medical Center.
If this is a non-emergency:
To report being diagnosed with or suspected of having a Reportable Disease contact the City of Ennis Department of Health Services at 972-875-1234 M-F 8a.m. to 5p.m.; we are located at 500 Lake Bardwell Drive Ennis, Texas 75119. You may also click here to report a diagnoses.
Other Reportable Diseases