- Greetings From the Building Official
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustments & Appeals
- Historic Landmark Commission
- Public Hearing Notices
Mark Richardson - Bldg Official
Inspection Services Dept
105 S Preston Street
Ennis, TX 75119
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Historic Landmark Commission
The Historic Landmark Commission was established in 1989, by the city commission, for the protection, enhancement, and perpetuation of districts and landmarks of historical and cultural importance thus providing significance necessary to promote the economic, cultural, educational, and general welfare of the public. It is recognized that the historical resources of the City of Ennis represent the unique confluence of time and place that have shaped the identity of generations of citizens, collectively and individually, and these resources constitute the heritage and the citizens of Ennis.
The HLC consists of 11 members appointed by the mayor and confirmed by the city commission as follows:
- One (1) member shall be from the architecture or design area of expertise
- Six (6) members shall have demonstrated an interest in the history of Ennis.
- Four (4) members shall be property owners representing one or more of the historical districts.
Ex-officio board members shall include:
- One (1) representative from the planning and zoning commission.
- One (1) representative from the city manager's staff.
- One (1) from the city building inspection staff.
The Historic Landmark Commission meets the Second (3rd) Tuesday of each month, on an as needed basis.