- Message from the Director
- Food Safety Training
- Animal Control
Code & Environmental Enforcement
- Illegal Dumping Violations
- High Weeds and Grass
- Property Maintenance Violations
- Parking / Junk Vehicle
- Unmaintained or Dilapidated Fence
- No Visible Street Address
- Stagnant or Standing Water
- Unenclosed Pool or Spa
- Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- Smoking in Public Places
- Property Maintenance FAQs
- Food Inspections
- Mosquito Control
- Public Health
- Food Myths and Misunderstandings
Parking / Junk Vehicle
City of Ennis Department of Health Services
The City of Ennis Nuisance Ordinance defines a junked motor vehicle as a vehicle that is self propelled and is inoperative; and does not have lawfully affixed to it either a valid motor vehicle safety inspection certificate or an unexpired license plate, is wrecked, dismantled, partially dismantled or discarded or remains inoperable for a continuous period of more than more than forty-five (45) days. Junk vehicles may be completely enclosed within a building, removed from the property or restored to lawful and operable conditions.
The City of Ennis Property Maintenance Code states that the following violations are prohibited:
- Unlicensed or unregistered trailers, cars, trucks, or other vehicles with axel(s), any vehicle or part elevated or raised off of the ground for maintenance or repair for a period longer than 48 hours,
- Junked motor vehicles, boats not on trailers for longer than 30 days, commercial vehicles, semi trucks and or trailers parked in a residentially zoned district unless conducting work at that time, inoperable farm equipment on property other than property zoned for agricultural use,
- No vehicle should be parked in the front or side yards at any time, except on an improved surface (ie. gravel, concrete or asphalt).
- Stationary inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicles, vehicles that are in a state of major disassembly, disrepair, or in the process of being stripped or dismantled, construction equipment that is not being used for its intended purpose.
- Junk vehicle owners face fines as high as $200 and the vehicle may be towed away and destroyed.
To report violations, for specific information about each of these code violations, or information on how to acquire an information brochure, M-F 8a.m. - 5p.m. please call (972) 875-1234 or by at Email.