- Get Directions
- About the Library
- Library Programs
- Computer & Online Services
Summer Reading Program
Ennis Public Library
Summer Reading Program 2016
1. REGISTER at the LIBRARY:
- Children grades K-6 can register for the Summer Reading Program.
- Get a library card for FREE, or renew the card you already have. (Children MUST have their own card. Parent applies for the card).
2. Attend Cool Shows:
- The Summer Reading Program starts June 7th. Shows are held two times a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays for children in K-6th grades. Younger children are encouraged to attend Wednesday programming.
- Sign in each time you arrive for a show.
- Goal: 6 shows
3. Read Books:
- Use your library card to check out books from the library!
- For every 10 minutes you read, color in a flag on the reading log. (Reading logs are given out at the library.)
- Turn in your completed reading logs before shows to have your name entered into the prize drawing done at the end of the show.
- Last day to turn in reading lods is Tuesday, July 19th by 5 p.m.
- Goal: Read 720 minutes
Goal: Read 720 minutes
4. Enjoy Rewards:
- Read 1000 minutes to receive special recognition and trophy at the Awards Ceremony on Thursday, July 21st.
- Read 720 minutes and attend 6 shows to receive recognition and an invitation to the End-of-Summer Water Party on Tuesday, July 26th!
*** To receive an invitation to the end-of-summer party, qualifying children must have their own valid (unexpired) library card and no outstanding fees or fines.***
- Babies through Pre-K children are invited to attend “Pre-K Wednesday” shows at 10:00 am.
- Pre-K Wednesday Summer Reading Program begins June 18th.
- No registration is required.