Alert Me

Report A Concern

How Do I?

Browse by Category:

General Questions

Contact a City Department?

Check out the Staff Directory or visit our Contact page for more information on how to contact a specific department.

Find a City Facility?

Our City Hall is located at:

115 W. Brown St.
Ennis, Texas 75119
Phone: 972-875-1234

Make a Suggestion or Voice a Concern?

Head over to our Contact form to submit a suggestion or concern.

Receive Notification?

Click to recieve email notifications

How do I report a power outage; get power?

This Oncor website link provides customers with information on how to sign up for the Text Oncor program so that customers can text an outage to Oncor and receive updates on restoration.

This website link also provides customer information on how to access Oncor's Power Outage Map, available energy efficiency programs and how to report a street light outage.  Oncor helps in starting, expanding and relocating electrical services.

As a customer, you can choose which retail electric provider bills you for Oncor services.  This website provides a listing of resources that can help you pick a provider, manage your usage, reduce your electric bills and more.


Report a Restaurant or Health Concern?

Please send your concerns or reports by email or by calling (972) 875-1234

Find a Lost Pet?

For Animal Adoption or Lost Animals Please Contact:

Ellis County SPCA
2570 FM 878
Waxahachie, TX 75165

Hours of Operation:
Adoption Hours: Tuesday through Friday: 12:00 noon - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed to the Public on Mondays.

Lost pet inquiries can call Tuesday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. (Tel: 972.935.0756)
**Please check immediately when your pet has been lost. 

NOTE:  The Ellis County SPCA has a variety of dogs and cats available for adoption. Please visit them today. Many of these animals are listed on

Apply for a job?

Visit our Job Openings page for more information.

Billing and Fines

Pay My Water Bill?

Water customers may drive through window, mail or come inside and pay in office. Credit cards are accepted but card must be presented in person.

Pay a citation?

Contact the Municipal court at 972-875-4457 during normal business hours or visit and put in your citation information (you must wait up to 48 hours after the citation was issued to use


Apply for Section 8 Housing?

The Section 8 Program is not currently accepting applications for the waiting list.

For further information, contact:

  • TDHCA Area Program Manager - (512) 475-3130

Buildings, Inspections, Permits and Zoning

Get a Building Inspected?

Please contact the Inspections Department; located at 105 S Preston St, 75119, at (972) 875-6442.


Get a Permit?

Please contact the Inspection Services Department; located at 105 S Preston St, 75119, at (972) 875-6442.

Building Permit applications are available in our office or downloadable from the 'Useful Forms' tab located on the "Inspections Department or Planning & Zoning" Home Page, at this site. If any questions, please contact us.

Report a Code Enforcement Violation?

Please contact the Inspections Department; located at 105 S Preston St, 75119, at (972) 875-6442.

Also, see the 'Report a Concern' tab located on the City Home Page.

Apply for a Variance?

Please contact the Inspections Department; located at 105 S Preston St, 75119, at (972) 875-6442.

Also, visit the "Planning & Zoning" Home Page. The Development Application and Submittal Requirements are available in our office or, downloadable at the 'Useful Forms' tab located on the P&Z home page.

Public Records

Request an Open Records Request?

To make an Open Records Request please download, print, complete, and submit the following form to the City Secretary:

Open Records Request Form 

Utilities and Street

Locate Utility Lines?

No Current Content

Obtain New Services?

Customers who wish to start, stop or transfer water service should contact the water office during regular business hours.

Establishing Services
To establish utility service an application for utility services must be completed in person along with a valid drivers license or id. 

Residential Deposit
A $50.00 deposit for residential unless its declared a rental property in wich the deposit is calculated from the previous six months average multiplied by three. 

Commercial Deposit
A commercial deposit is based on the previous six months average multiplied by three.

Service Transfers
Customers transferring their service may do so by visiting the office. No phone call request will be accepted. If you are transferring and have a current deposit it will transfer to your new address. Presently there is not a transfer fee to transfer service.

Discontinue Service
Customers who are stopping their service may do so by visiting the office in person. Customers will have their deposit deducted from the final bill. Any amounts due to the customer will be refunded, and any amounts owed must be paid to the City.

Rereading of Meters
Customers who believe their meters has been over-read may contact the water office to have their meter reread. Once the meter has been reread, the customer will be contacted and adjustments will be made if needed.

Report a Clogged Storm Drain?

To make a request or complain about a water or sewer leak or a blocked sewage line, contact us at:

City of Ennis
Utilities Department
500 Lake Bardwell Dr
Ennis, TX 75119

Ph: 972-875-1234
Fx: 972-875-1535

After hours: 972-875-4465

Report a Damaged or Missing Street Sign?

No Current Content

Report a Light Outage?

Report a Street Light or TOC 

TOC- Turn of Century Lamps - Contact the Street Department at 972-875-1234 ext. 2248

Report an electric outage to Oncore.

Report Street Light Issue not burning at night to Oncore.

Report a down power line or hanging to low to Oncore.

Report Street Damage & Potholes?

No Current Content