|< Prev||Events for September 2018||Next >|
P.O. Box 220
Ennis, TX 75120
500 Lake Bardwell Drive
Ennis, TX 75119
Ph: (972) 875-1234 ext.2248
Fx: (972) 875-6107
How do I...
Dispose of Broken Glass
- Carefully place broken glass into a box and Label the bag or box of glass with a piece of paper that says "Broken Glass."
- Place the bag or box into your building's trash container or aside from your regular trash.
Recycle location; 500 Lake Bardwell
The city accepts materials at its Public Works Facility located at 500 Lake Bardwell Drive from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
The following are items considered as recyclables through the City of Ennis;
Mixed Paper & Cardboard
(All cardboard must be broken down)
- Newspapers, magazines and catalogs (remove all plastic wrappers)
- Junk Mail
- Mixed Office and school papers
- Shredded paper (place in a paper grocery bag with the top folded down)
- Phone books
- Paper grocery bags
- Chipboard or boxboard (gray cardboard found in cereal boxes, cereal boxes, cracker boxes, shoes boxes, etc.)
- corrugated cardboard boxes (should be clean, dry and placed in your recycling bag)
- Aluminum, steel and tins cans (rinsed, labels ok)
- Plastics that are numbered "1" or "2" that did not originally contain motor oil, anti-freeze or other hazardous materials.
DISPOSE OF HEALTH SYRINGES
The City of Ennis ask citizens to dispose of their sharps in heavy duty plastic containers with a lid. The following are some items that you may have at home or do not realize you can use;
- Detergent bottles (Tide and other plastic containers)
- Plastic Milk jugs
- Plastic 2 liter Soda Bottles
Below are other helpful links;
Best Way to Get Rid of Used Needles and Other Sharps by the FDA.
Dispose of Paint and Chemicals
PAINT - Open lids up and let it dry out from the sun.
Household chemicals and paint will be considered a Special pick up at no charge. Please contact 972.875.1234 ext. 2248
Dump for Free
The City offers free dump day to all city residents. The first and third Saturday of every month.
Water customers will need to provide a copy of their water bill along with a valid Texas Drivers license or ID and both documents must match address.
SCHEDULE A BULK PICK UP
A special curbside refuse pickup may be scheduled to handle large, bulky items such as furniture and other assorted items. Appliances are included as part of a special pickup. There is a minimum fee of $22.00 for this service, which includes the first three cubic yards. Collections must be scheduled at least one business day in advance of the normal refuse collection day. Special collection refuse material must be placed curbside and out by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day. Please call 972.875.1234 to arrange for a special collection or you may submit an online request firstname.lastname@example.org.