- Message from the Director
- Food Safety Training
- Renter's Registration and Inspection Program
- Animal Control
Code & Environmental Enforcement
- Illegal Dumping Violations
- High Weeds and Grass
- Property Maintenance Violations
- Parking / Junk Vehicle
- Unmaintained or Dilapidated Fence
- No Visible Street Address
- Stagnant or Standing Water
- Unenclosed Pool or Spa
- Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- Smoking in Public Places
- Property Maintenance FAQs
- Food Inspections
- Mosquito Control
- Public Health
- Food Myths and Misunderstandings
Renter's Registration and Inspection Program
NEW RENTAL REGISTRATION AND INSPECTION PROGRAM COMING JULY 2019
RENTAL PERMIT APPLICATION: RESIDENTIAL RENTAL PROPERTY
This application is for property owners who maintain or operate rental dwelling units within Ennis city limits.
Mail the completed Rental Permit Application to: Water Utilities at P.O. Box 220 Ennis, TX 75120.
Rental Permit Application Form (PDF) You may also submit in person at 115 W. Brown St. (City Hall) or mail to Water Utilities at P.O. Box 220 Ennis, TX 75120.
Rental Permit Rate Table: (Number Units x Dollar Amount)
Single - Family Dwelling Units $20.00/ Per Unit Annually
Duplexes – $20.00/ Per Unit Annually
Multi – Family Dwelling (3+ Units) – Per Unit$15.00/ Per Unit Annually
Initial Late Registration 1st month $150.00
Late Registration each month thereafter the initial late fee charge $50.00
Initial Inspection NO CHARGE
1st Re-inspection NO CHARGE
2nd Re-Inspection $75.00
Subsequent Re-Inspection(s) $150.00
By typing my name, I agree and understand that:
- All information is true, correct and complete based on all information of which I have knowledge. I understand that falsifying any information on this application may result in revocation of the rental permit.
- The rental permit is a separate application and not in lieu of or approval for any other licenses or permits which may be required.
- The rental property shall comply with all Federal, State and Municipal laws.
- The rental property may receive notification of/is subject to random mandatory inspection by the City’s Designated City Official (DCO).