- Message from the Director
- Food Safety Training
- Animal Control
Code & Environmental Enforcement
- Illegal Dumping Violations
- High Weeds and Grass
- Property Maintenance Violations
- Parking / Junk Vehicle
- Unmaintained or Dilapidated Fence
- No Visible Street Address
- Stagnant or Standing Water
- Unenclosed Pool or Spa
- Public Swimming Pools and Spas
- Smoking in Public Places
- Property Maintenance FAQs
- Food Inspections
- Mosquito Control
- Public Health
- Food Myths and Misunderstandings
City of Ennis Department of Health Services
NOTE: Numerous studies have found that tobacco smoke is a major contributor to indoor air pollution, and that breathing secondhand smoke is a cause of disease in healthy non-smokers, including heart disease, stroke, respiratory disease, and lung cancer.
Secondhand smoke is particularly hazardous to elderly people, individuals with cardiovascular disease, and individuals with impaired respiratory function, including asthmatics and those with obstructive disease.
Children exposed to secondhand smoke have an increased risk of asthma, respiratory infections, sudden infant death syndrome, developmental abnormalities and cancer.
The City of Ennis Smoking Ordinance: Smoking Ordinance Presentation
City of Ennis Smoking Ordinance: Link
The purposes of the City’s Smoking Ordinance are:
- to protect the public health and welfare by prohibiting smoking in public places and public and private places of employment; and
- to guarantee the right of non-smokers to breathe smoke-free air; and
- to provide fair and consistent local protection from exposure to secondhand smoke in certain indoor and outdoor settings.
The Department of Health Services provides information about these regulations and enforces the smoking ordinance as necessary.
Report a Smoking Violation by contacting the City of Ennis Department of Health Services at 972-875-1234 M-F 8a.m. to 5p.m.; we are located at 500 Lake Bardwell Drive Ennis, Texas 75119 or you may contact the Ennis Police Department at 972-875-4462 after hours. You may also click here to report a violation if this is non-emergency.