Who Can Pull a Permit
All licensed trade contractors may pull permits upon registering with the city, as well as all other general contractors. All work must be done by a licensed trade contractor or general contractor who is registered with the city, otherwise, homeowners may pull a homestead permit if planning to do the work themselves.

Building Permits
A permit is required to build, alter, enlarge, or repair any residential or commercial structure within the city limits. All building permit applications are reviewed by the Inspection Services Department and the Planning and Development Department. 

Commercial building permit applications are also reviewed by the Fire Marshal, and in some cases the Health Department.

Other Permits
The following projects also require a permit:

·         Accessory building (>120sf)

·         Demolition

·         Drive approach

·         Fence (>8’)

·         Irrigation system

·         Sign

·         Structure moving

·         Swimming Pools & Spas

This list is not all-inclusive. Please contact us if you are unsure if your project requires a permit.

Permit Fees
Commercial and residential building permit fees vary based on the valuation of the job. Please call for the most current rates.

General Information
City Planner
City Planner
Jorge Barake
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant
Vickie McCoy
Arthur Matthews
Assistant Director of Planning and Assistant Building Official
Troy Foreman
Director of Planning and Development andChief Building Official
Director of Planning and Development and Chief Building Official
Mark Richardson
City Planner
City Planner
Lea Ann Price
Phone Numbers
(972) 875-6442, Option 2
Emergencies: Dial 911
108 W. Knox St.

8 AM - 5 PM